Top Recommended Software for Civil Engineer
Here are top Recommended Software List by SSeAcademy.com for Better Civil Engineer Career.
1. Auto CAD
The world is now breathing in engineering. The best thing who is giving lives to the creative thought of the humans is the designing software’s and computers and in this talk AutoCAD has become most advance and powerful software to create the 2D Drafting, 3D modelling and Analysis. That’s why the first choice of engineers. And they like Autodesk Product Design Suite because it is a comprehensive 3D product design solution that offers everything design engineers need, from simulation, to collaboration, to visualization, to tools. Complete your entire engineering process with AutoCAD.
- Totally secured software for engineering work with data security.
- Certified with Licence which helps to do the work no error or loss of data.
- Lots of option of work in single platform
- Reduce manufacturing costs by creating accurate design documentation and evaluating product manufacturability with attractive designee module.
- The proper platform which creates working directory and give easy option to recreate the designed
- FREE trial available for 30 days
- AutoCAD LT Premium: ₹ 11496 annual desktop subscription with basic support
- Monthly payments, perpetual licenses, and advanced support also are available – Contact for more pricing information.
- Reference (https://www.autodesk.in/)
Here are options for best way to Learn AutoCAD Software :
- Online Learning: SSeAcademy.com
- Class Room Training
2. Staad Pro
Staad pro is dynamic program in the world of engineering which is widely used in analysing and designing structures – buildings, bridges, towers, transportation, industrial and utility structures. Designs can involve building structures including culverts, petrochemical plants, tunnels, bridges, piles; and building materials like steel, concrete, timber, aluminium, and cold-formed steel. Staad Pro performs the all kind of structural analysis with very fine technology. It has accepted that this is fines structural analysis platform. Automatically convert your physical model into an analytical model to streamline your workflow.
- Best for the all kind structural analysis.
- Automatically convert all physical model into an analytical model to streamline the workflow.
- View and edit models of any size from mobile devices.
- Helpful in Generate design loads and load combinations
- Transfer structural model geometry and design results from one application to another and synchronize changes over time.
- FREE trial available for 30 days
- The price in Indian market for Staad Pro is approximately 2,00,000
Here are options for best way to Learn STAAD Pro. Software:
- Online Learning: SSeAcademy.com
- Class Room Training
Risa is edge structural design and optimization software. Risa is used for to create structure design of towers, skyscrapers, airports, stadiums and everything in between. With rias’s versatile modelling environment and intuitive graphic interface, you can model any structure from bridges to build-ins in minutes. Get most out of your model with advance features such as moving loads, dynamic analysis, and over 40 design codes. With Risa, structural design has never been so thorough or easy.
- The Offset Slab tool allows you to expand the edges of your slab with one click.
- You can copy any items that are selected by increments, angles or clicking point to point. Copying a section of the model can save a lot of time and is very useful when you a laying out a large foundation.
- You can import a CAD drawing to the background of your model and it will work just like a Drawing Grid.
- Approximate price of Risa in market is ₹ 50,000
Navisworks is a 3D design review package for Microsoft Windows and its allows users to open and combine 3D models, navigate around them in real-time and review the model using a set of tools including comments, redlining, viewpoint, and measurements. A selection of plug-ins enhances the package adding interference detection, 4D time simulation, photorealistic rendering and PDF-like publishing. You can Get the whole-project view using Navisworks solutions.
- This program Supports real-time display of materials and lighting.
- Includes full set of navigation tools, including Walk, Look Around, Zoom, Zoom Box, Pan, Orbit, Examine, Fly, and Turntable.
- Enables viewing of model hierarchy, object properties, and embedded review data, including viewpoints, animations, redlines, and comments
- Navisworks Manage 2019, is available on basis of Subscription. 1-Year Subscription Term would cost you approximately $2,120.00. Autodesk Authorized Reseller and Store.
The ANSYS Workbench platform is the framework application. The mega companies use this software for to create industry’s broadest and deepest suite of advanced engineering simulation technology. An innovative project schematic view ties together the entire simulation process. The particular software guides the user through even complex multiphysics analyses with drag-and-drop simplicity. With bi-directional CAD connectivity, an automated project level update mechanism, pervasive parameter management and integrated optimization tools, the ANSYS Workbench Platform delivers unprecedented productivity, enabling simulation driven product development.
Here are options for best way to Learn ANSYS Software
- Online Learning: SSeAcademy.com
- Class Room Training
- This software has the very unique feature of drag and drop metaphysics.
- The integrated parameter management is a nice feature in applications are managed from the project window.
- It has the capability of Automatic Project-Level Update which Dramatically reduces the cost of performing design iteration.
- Ansys could cost you ranging from 30k to 5 lakhs depending on the number of users or connections for the software.
Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management software powered by oracle . This software has the features for project management, product management, collaboration and control capabilities, it recognized standard for high-performance project management. The Primavera P6 Professional Project Management, handles largescale, highly sophisticated and multifaceted projects. This application Organize projects of up to 100,000 activities with unlimited resources and an unlimited number of target plans.
- Primavera P6 Reduces Risk of inconsistencies, errors, or overrun issues, this cause the project expenses low.
- This software is very great platform for managing project portfolio management activity and very easy to use.
- Primavera P6 allows all involved in a project to carefully monitor resource availability and adjust such resources to meet project demands. Furthermore, the software can help identify areas where resource costs may be reduced by analysing resource trends and costs.
- Depending on the duration of the software use, the licensing fees increase. $500 licensing fee is only for 1-year licensing. If you want to have the perpetual license of Primavera P6, meaning that you want to have the software for life, then it will cost you US$2,500
- Reference (https://www.projectcontrolacademy.com/download-free-trial-primavera-p6-scheduling-software/)
ETABS is the ultimate integrated software package for the structural analysis and design of buildings. It offers unmatched 3D object based modelling and visualization tools, blazingly fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design capabilities for a wide-range of materials, and insightful graphic displays, reports. The schematic drawings that allow users to quickly and easily decipher and understand analysis and design results.
- There is no limit to the number of grid systems in a model, and they can be rotated in any direction or placed at any origin within the model in grid system in e tabs.
- This application has the capability to View and manipulate analytical model with great precision. Plans and Elevation views automatically generated at every grid line. Easily define custom views and cutting planes to view and manipulate complex geometry with ease.
- You need to request a quote to know the price of ETABS.
As per said the Calculations are the foundation of each and every engineering information. Any team must be able to find, reuse, and share this important intellectual property. So PTC Mathcad is the best option for your engineering notebook’s ease-of-use and familiarity - combined with live mathematical notation, unit’s intelligence, and powerful calculation capabilities. This engineering math software allows you to present your calculations with plots, graphs, text, and images in a single document. Nobody needs specialized skills to understand PTC Mathcad data, and now that your intellectual property has been preserved, you can leverage it for other projects.
- Solves the Systems of Equations.
- Quickly solve the systems of linear, non-linear, and differential equations.
- Mathcad provides a powerful solution for calculating and visualizing trigonometry.
- The amazon deals have shown that the price of Mathcad annual subscription would cost you approximately 6000$ per year.
9. GSTAR CAD
The GSTAR CAD computer aided design or computer aided drafting software platform. Engineer likes to using the Open Design Alliance DWG libraries to read and write the DWG file format made popular by the AutoCAD CAD package. The particular program is a capable alternative to other well-known CAD packages in the market. It provides Open DWG file compatibility, as well as an interface which is very similar to that of AutoCAD.
- This software provides the cloud file services.
- It has unique 3D drawing views and creating options.
- It has offline drawing management and font management.
- Universal 2D CAD software in standard version would cost you approximately €418.2 incl. tax
- 30-day trail is free.
- Reference site (https://www.cad.sklep.pl/en/product-category/gstarcad-en/)
10. PROGE CAD
PROGDE CAD is Microsoft based CAD software for the editing and printing DWG and DXF files from most versions of AutoCAD. Before 2005 it use be originally called "ProgeSOFTIntelliCAD”. This application platform has Open Design Alliance programming toolkits. The user interface emulates certain versions of AutoCAD, including floating toolbars and a command line supporting Auto LISP and VBA scripting. The "Professional" version includes several enhancements, such as information tables, basic dynamic block support, 3D solid modelling, rendering and PDF import & printing. As of 2011, progeCAD also began including their 3D architectural design technology.
- The new render engine is a quick way to create realistic images of your models.
- By the using scenes feature and, pre-set materials, light configurations and the possibility to add user lights and materials makes your work so much easy.
- The new unique text editor feature allows to edit text straight in a drawing, offering direct display control.
- ProgeCAD 2018 Professional — Digital Delivery is covered by the Novedge Best Price Guarantee.
- We guarantee that $499 is the lowest price you'll find anywhere online.
- Reference link (https://novedge.com/progesoft/progecad-2018-pro-digital-version/products/2998)
Tekla Structures is a building information modelling software. This software is able to model structures dynamically. that incorporate different kinds of building materials, including steel, concrete, timber and glass. This platform allows engineers to design a building structure and its components using 3D modelling, generate 2D drawings and access building information.
- This platform has the future of Easy modelling of basic objects, such as beams, columns, and slabs.
- The presents &Catalogs of available material grades, profiles, bolts, and reinforcements helps to create nice model and structures.
- The intelligent connections such as end plates and clip angles, to automatically connect main members and decrees the flow of errors and give best result in one go.
- For a steel detailing license, it is around 10 lakhs to 12 lakhs approximately.
- Reference (https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-approximate-prices-of-different-modules-of-Tekla-structures)
12. QUANTITY SURVEY
The QUANTITY best software in engendering industry which offers significant benefits to Quantity Surveyors by improving speed accuracy and efficiency in performing the following with an affordable price: 1-Cost planning 2-Bill preparation 3-Estimating 4-Pricing 5-Tender appraisal 6-Re-measurement 7-Valuation 8-Final Accounts It should provide an automated, intelligent and fully integrated system to allow the Quantity Surveyor to perform his tasks efficiently and accurately. this modern, high technology replacement for traditional manual methods, for earlier computer systems based on coding and for computer systems which only does part of the job.
- This application performs Good at basic maths like Mensuration, Geometry etc.
- It has the Basic knowledge of Excel and AutoCAD software. And Basic knowledge of Civil engineering practices. Knowledge about different Measurement methods for different activities.
- Good performance in analytical skills.
- Should be able to read and understanding drawings and able to visualise in 3D from 2D drawings.
13. 3DS MAX:
Autodesk 3ds max is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games and images. It is developed and produced by Autodesk Media and Entertainment. It has modelling capabilities and a flexible plugin architecture and frequently used by video game developers, many TV commercial studios and architectural visualization studios. It is also used for movie effects and movie pre-visualization. For its modelling and animation tools.
- In this very finest platform you can create any realistic fluid effect by Using Fluids, you can simulate the physical properties of such liquids as water, oil, honey, and lava as well as replicate the effect of gravity, collisions with objects, and disruptions by motion fields in order to achieve your desired result.
- motion Paths lets you preview the path of animated objects. You can adjust motion paths directly in the viewport using transforms, and convert them to and from splines.
- The software has the other features like Controllers, like constraints, handle the animation tasks in a scene. They store animation key values and procedural animation settings, and they interpolate between animation key values.
This all are particular international market price worldwide.
|Product||Perpetual License||Upgrade Fee||Monthly Subscription||Annual Subscription|
14. REVIT FAMILY
Revit is building information modelling software for architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors developed by Autodesk. It allows users to design a building and structure and its components in 3D, annotate the model with 2D drafting elements, and access building information from the building model's database. Revit can be used as a very powerful collaboration tool between different disciplines in the building design sphere. The different disciplines that use Revit approach the program from unique perspectives. Each of these perspectives is focused on completing that discipline's task.
- Revit takes better advantage of video hardware to provide faster updates to views that contain multiple instances of families.
- Help Improve communication by more easily navigating PDFs exported from Revit.
- Improve productivity with the new capability to make adjustments in perspective views.
- Buy Revit 2019, Subscription, 1-Year Term you have to approximately $2,250.00.
- Autodesk Authorized Reseller and Store. Great Price at Novedge. (https://novedge.com/autodesk/products/11327)
Rhino is best software for the 3d modelling and animation. This software can create, edit, analyse, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids, point clouds, and polygon meshes. There are no limits on complexity, degree, or size beyond those of your hardware.
- Rhino is having the its remarkable results in the accuracy.
- This software has the best Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- This software is specially designed for to work on any computer. even on an ordinary laptop computer. No special hardware is needed.
- Compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
|Rhino 6 for Windows||US$ 995|
|Rhino 5 for Windows||US$ 995|
|Rhino 5 for Mac||US$ 695|
The reference belongs to official website of rhino (https://www.rhino3d.com/sales/asia/India)
16. ARCHI CAD
ARCHICAD is a computer aided architectural BIM CAD solutions software for handling all common aspects of aesthetics and engineering during the whole design process of the built environment — buildings, interiors, urban areas, etc. ARCHICAD has been recognized as the first CAD product on a personal computer able to create both 2D and 3D geometry, it is a complete design suite with 2D and 3D drafting, visualization and other building information modelling functions for architects, designers and planners. A wide range of software applications are integrated in ARCHICAD to cover most of the design needs of an architectural office.
- This software allows the user to work with data-enhanced parametric objects, often called "smart objects" by users.
- This software allows more architects to work on the same building model simultaneously by the help of Collaboration and remote access Feature.
- Third-party vendors and some manufacturers of architectural products have compiled libraries of architectural components for use in ARCHICAD. The program includes Geometric Description Language (GDL) used to create new components.
- Graphisoft will host a webinar to demonstrate the capabilities of Archi CAD 17 on June 18. A new license for Archi CAD 17 retails at $4,995. Tiered upgrade pricing is available for users with previous software versions; an upgrade from Archi CAD 16 costs $1,050 Reference (http://www.architectmagazine.com/technology/graphisoft-releases-the-latest-version-of-archicad_o)
Lumion is computer aided 3D rendering & design software which allows any architect to transform their CAD designs into strikingly beautiful renders without any prior training. Its good software for to create best visual image of draft by using realistic visualizations, Lumion 8 dials up the power to allow fast, stress-free rendering with results sure to make perfect project.
- Its helps to Expose the depth of interiors. Help viewers feel the space. And discover the stylish and effective interior render, without wasting a second.
- It saves a lot of time money & gives accurate results idea of before construction starts. Get the real time visualization in revit .
- lumion pro would cost us by its official store in approximately € 2999.
- Reference (https://lumion.com/buy.html)
18. GOOGLE SKETCHUP
Google Sketchup, is a 3D modelling computer program. For a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design. Sketch Up is owned by Trimble Inc. this application includes drawing layout functionality, allows surface rendering in variable "styles", supports third-party "plug-in" programs hosted on a site called Extension Warehouse to provide other capabilities.
- With the LayOut, and insert SketchUp model. You can view wherever you want on the pages of your document.
- These “viewports” are living, breathing views of your project. When your model changes, all of your viewports update, too. Say goodbye to exporting a million images out of SketchUp.
- LayOut brings the “feel” of SketchUp into 2D space in an incomparably beautiful way.
- LayOut’s drawing tools are just like SketchUp’s: simple, smart, and fun. And because everything you draw is vector smart, scaling and rotating can be done with utmost precision.
- That brought the total to $590 USD for a new license and a year's worth of upgrades, maintenance, and support. Starting later this week, you can purchase a new SketchUp Pro 2015 license for $695. That breaks down to $575 for a non-expiring license, and $120 for our Maintenance & Support plan.
- Reference (https://blog.sketchup.com/sketchupdate/lets-talk-about-price )